1. Garlic contains a beneficial compound called allicin known for its healing properties. Allicin only forms when garlic is crushed when it is raw. If you cook it before crushing it, then it won’t have the same health effects. Therefore, the best way to consume garlic is raw, or to crush and cut it and leave it out for a while before you add it to your recipes. 2.Garlic is known to boost the function of the immune system.
3. Garlic is low in calories and very rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients
4.A component in garlic is said to be beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
5. Garlic may lower Total and LDL cholesterol.
6.Garlic may help prevent common brain diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
7. If you have a bleeding disorder or are taking blood thinning medications, talk to your doctor before increasing your garlic consumption as it acts as an anticoagulant.
8. Garlic may have beneficial effects on bone health in women
9. Garlic may be beneficial in accelerating wound healing in minor wounds by acting as an antimicrobial.
GARLIC AND YOUR PETS Even though garlic has beneficial effects for humans it is toxic to pets. Please contact your pets veterinarian prior to feeding them any garlic.